It doesn’t matter how they got there; all that matters is that they find a way to escape.
Welcome to LIMINAL_ (Liminal Space). A stand-alone combat-free RPG mapping game about surviving and potentially escaping an ever-expanding series of Liminal Spaces and their terrifying Entities.
LIMINAL_ SURVIVAL GUIDE
The LIMINAL_ SURVIVAL GUIDE is a self-contained tool for any Architect of the Liminal Space to guide their players through an ever-changing, constantly unique nightmare.
In LIMINAL_, several players have found themselves trapped in a twisting maze beyond the fringes of reality, consisting of elegiac auras, long winding corridors, strange unused rooms, and in-between spaces; they are vignettes of horror, absurdity and the surreal.
The players must map out their journey onto a large piece of graph paper and attempt to find an escape or succumb to Fatigue as Entities of the Liminal Space pursue them.
Inhabiting the Liminal Space are the Entities, beings designed to keep the DISORIENTATED/DISORIENTED players from ever finding an exit as they slink and stalk the rooms between places.
In LIMINAL_, players use a giant piece of graph paper to map their way around the hellish environments, marking a path with a pencil and trying to remember what each room or hallway contained.
The Games Master or Architect uses several tables in the book, rolling a D100 to determine everything the players come across, be it terror or tool. Everything else (including survival) is up to those poor souls lost between the peeling walls and dusty floors.
The LIMINAL_ SURVIVAL GUIDE includes:
- All the rules needed to play LIMINAL_.
- Rules For The Disorientated/Disoriented & The Cartographer (Players).
- Rules For Architects (Game Masters).
- Photocopiable Character sheet.
- A 100 Entities, all tooth and claw and wailing terror.
- A 100 Rooms, packed full of fear and crawling with creepiness.
- A 100+ Guest Rooms. From Mörk Borg to Cartoon Cat creator Trevor Henderson, each guest room is lovingly hand-crafted by someone you know who wants you to suffer.
What's needed to survive?
- The LIMINAL_ SURVIVAL GUIDE.
- Pencils & Paper.
- A Large Piece of Graph paper (easily found at any fabric store/or taped together.)
- An Eraser.
- A Coin.
- Dice: D4, D6, D8, D%, D10, D12, D20 and, if you can find one, a D100.
- A Character Sheet per Disorientated/Disoriented player.
- Oh and don’t forget plenty of energy and your brain.
Written by Alexei Vella & Neonrot/Willow Jay
Illustrated by Alexei Vella
110 pages, A5-sized, perfect bound softcover book, color cover, black and white interior pages. PDF included.
Brochure Expansion Bundle - Set of 3 Pamphlets
3 Brochure Expansions
- Junji Ito Inspired.
- LEC inc. - Business Office Themed.
- Trevor Henderson Inspired.
Adds new rooms and entities to the base game.
3 tri-fold pamphlets,8.5" x 11", printed on high quality card stock.
Character Sheet Card, Warning Card & Art Card - Set of 3 Cards
- One card to record character progress
- One card with the LIMINAL_ Logo and Art.
- One card with warnings letting the Lost know the dangers of the Liminal space.
Set of three 4x6" postcards.
Graph Paper Poster
Graph Paper Poster paper, letting the Lost navigate the hallways and rooms of the Liminal space as they map out their way.
A2 size graph paper poster, 9 folds.
3x2" High-quality LIMINAL_ vinyl sticker.
Purchase includes bundle of the LIMINAL_SURVIVAL GUIDE core book, Brochure Expansion Bundle - Set of 3 Pamphlets, Character Sheet Card, Warning Card & Art Card - Set of 3 Cards, one Graph Paper Poster, and one LIMINAL_ Sticker. PDF bundle also included.