Disciples of Bone & Shadow: Narrative Playbook PDF
This product is eligible for our upgrade program, purchase of this PDF will qualify you to be able to upgrade to the physical format when available at a later date. Try before you buy!!
After the success and critical acclaim of Disciples of Bone & Shadow, we are very happy to introduce you to a new way of playing the game with the Narrative Playbook.
Although Disciples of Bone & Shadow's base experience provides lots of exciting gameplay twists and turns, due to the fact of having a limited amount of possible results and combinations it can become somewhat stale after a lot of playing with the same encounters and possibilities. This is when it becomes obvious that as a Dungeon Crawler, Disciples of Bone & Shadow provides a fantastic experience, but as a real Role-Playing Game, it falls short. There are no surprise elements being thrown at us, coming from the mind or script of a Game Master; there are no interesting, credible NPCs to deal with or unexpected dangers to face.
This is where Narrative Gameplay comes in. We call Narrative Gameplay the style of play that allows a player to experience the full benefits of having a Game Master, without actually having one. This is not a novel idea, there are many games out there that provide a similar experience. Our goal here is to provide the necessary tools to truly explore the unique (and lethal) world of Uzrun, allowing the player the liberty to truly choose their character's destiny, creating a unique story in the process.
In order to introduce Narrative Gameplay we had to also introduce new tools for the character and world creation, making it deeper and more detailed. As opposed to the core experience, where it is advised that you play with two characters simultaneously, this style of gameplay is also specifically tailored for being played with only one character, which means all the threats and dangers have been designed with this in mind. This doesn't mean you cannot play narratively with a friend; you will find instructions on how to do so in this new expansion!
This is also the perfect opportunity to introduce a whole new region of the Twilight: the Whiteteeth Peninsula. This desolate region lies in the south of the Fractured Dominion, in the limit of the inhabitable area. Darkness is almost complete in this region, and the few people that live here are some of the toughest in all of the Twilight, used to facing dangers of all kinds. This region comes with lots of new dangers and fresh opportunities for any adventurer desperate enough to challenge these threats and try to make a name for themselves in this frozen wasteland.
Narrative Playbook features:
- A whole new way of playing the game, full of detail and deepness, and 100% compatible with the base experience found in Disciples of Bone & Shadow
- A new, expanded character creation, with new active and passive skills, Personality Traits, Advantages & Disadvantages, and much more!
- New spells, new gear, new magic artifacts
- Three new Archetypes: the Deathbinder and the Deathwielder, defying the power of the Primordial Ones with their Korian Necromagic and control over the undead, and the Alchemoturgist, a master of potions and the art of Alchemy.
- The Whiteteeth Peninsula: a new region of the world to explore, the last habitable frontier before reaching the Land of the Conquered Sun. This frozen landscape introduces lots of new dangers and possibilities for those brave enough to explore it
- New encounters, enemies and threats
- Dozens of new rules, from traveling and setting camp, to improved ranged combat, NPC reactions, sellswords...