Exalted Funeral Con 2022
Code of Conduct:
Welcome to EF Con! This is a moderated space bringing folks together to celebrate their love of tabletop gaming. Upholding respect for the diversity of life and experiences within it is paramount. All who agree to follow the rules outlined below are welcome to participate on both Discord and Gather.
- Treat others as if they're a dear friend. Under no circumstances will harassment or hate speech of any kind be tolerated. Discrimination based on race, gender, sexuality, religion, disability, or any other attacks on one’s personhood are grounds for immediate dismissal. Violators will be banned without refund.
- Respect each others’ boundaries, keeping in mind that any number of our members may be minors, people who are sex-averse, people with food sensitivities, survivors of abuse, and/or have faced other trauma that they don’t wish to relive. Every one of us is going through something, and peoples boundaries may change at any time. Please act in good faith with regards to requests for changes in tone.
- Please use content warnings and spoiler tags when posting depictions of sex and sexuality, substance abuse, violence, disease, body horror, and death. Use <> around a link to disable embedding if the preview contains mildly NSFW imagery, gore, or any of the above subject matter. Links to pornographic material will be deleted.
- If there is anything that makes you feel concerned or unsafe, please let an admin know at your earliest convenience. If you wish to remain private, please send a DM to one of the following members:
- Ben L (PineappleSkull#2489)
- Josh D (OffendedDefender#1022)
- Reilly Q (KingQyote#7453)
- Tony V (TonyPlusOne#0262)
Using Safety Tools
ALL EF CON GAMES MUST USE SAFETY TOOLS.
Here are just a few tools we recommend looking into:
Script Change, a multi-function content, consent, and safety toolbox for collaborative creation and gameplay.
Lines & Veils (Lines are hard boundaries that exclude specific content from the game, no questions asked. Veils are softer limits where the player is ok with it being included in the game but it isn’t explicitly described.)
Stars & Wishes (Stars are simple: Every player points to one item, person, or incident that they really enjoyed during the session. Wishes are a constructive way to communicate what you like to see happen in the future.)
Celebrating Games and Their Creators
Our community is small and visible. Other personalities will be active here—treat them like you would any other user and don't put them on the spot if you find yourself in conversation with them. Do not speculate on hires or personal lives of game writers or personalities of this or any other site (extend this courtesy to public figures in general); and remember, this is a person’s livelihood. Personal lives are not #content.
- If you are a games creator and wish to run or discuss your games, there are spaces in the convention space for you to do so on a first come, first serve basis. Please refer to the island map for details.
Playing in Gather
Please ask how others wish to be addressed, whether by their username or their pronouns, and what those pronouns are. Check their Discord profile or Gather username for pronouns before asking.
- All convention games operate on a first come, first serve basis. If unsure of where to go or how to find an active game table, please speak up in chat and an admin will help direct you.
DO NOT stream, record, or post video or audio without the explicit consent of everyone involved. No exceptions.
How do I get to the convention space?
First things first, you must make an account at Gather with the same email address that you used to purchase your ticket at Exalted Funeral. Then, refer to your purchased ticket for details on entering the convention space. If you have any questions, please reach out to an admin and we will help direct you.
Where do I sign up to run a game?
Games are the heart of any great convention! If you'd like to sign up to run a game, please fill out this form and our Event Submission volunteers will reach out later this week and help get it on the schedule: EVENT SUBMISSION FORM
When will the games list be up?
We're working as quickly as we can to sort submissions, and as soon as those are up we will have a list and form so you can plan what games you want to try to play. Since this is out first online convention, game sessions will be open on a first come, first served basis. We thank you for your patience with this, and promise that when we do another online convention this process will be smoother and earlier!
(Answers to frequently asked questions will be updated as needed.)