Something fell. A sickly gloaming lit up the night like mock daylight, just for a monent, and then the hills trembled. Now, an alien entity lies brooding in a crater gouged out of the moor. Local folk are enraptured with the toothsome jelly exuded by this being, but are blind to the true nature of the events unfolding in their rustic little backwater.
The Weird That Befell Drigbolton is an investigative, event-based module for characters of 3rd to 5th level involving: a fallen star, frothing masses of pink jelly, manna fever, religious fervour, a warped manor house, psychedelic star-debris slowly twisting the nature of reality around it.
- Area map (a single six-mile hex) with 11 detailed, weird locations.
- A gone-wrong manor house "dungeon" with 16 encounter areas.
- Descriptions of the people and locations in the hamlet of Drigbolton.
- Charts delineating the unfolding weirdness over a seven day period.
- Guidelines for different directions the referee might choose to take things in, in the longer term. (The events in this module could easily be used to kick-off a much longer series of adventures, as the PCs and other powers in the region wrangle with the consequences of a heavenly body on earth.)
- Random event tables, including encounters, environmental oddities, and caches of loot.
- Mini bestiary with over 20 new monsters. (Actually, nothing in this module is "standard". You won't find any of this stuff in your trad monster manuals.)
- Cheat-sheets summarising the module for quick reference at the table.
- Statted for Labyrinth Lord, usable with any vintage fantasy game.